Starlight Theatre is looking for a fun and energetic person to join our FACILITIES / DAY CREW team! Our daytime crew members shoulder the bulk of the responsibility for the daily operation and physical appearance of Starlight Theatre. Day crew is responsible for restoring the venue to tip-top shape after an event, setting the facility for the next event and day-to-day maintenance. Everything from cleaning to painting, our day crew does it all.
This position will work five days per week, during the hours of 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., but these hours may vary depending on weather, events, holidays and other factors. All Associates will embrace our framework for success as defined in Starlight’s Guest Interaction Guidelines.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preventative and routine maintenance (plumbing, light carpentry, small engines, etc.)
- Waste and recycling collection and disposal
- Restroom and general facility cleaning (including power washing, mopping, scrubbing, fire hosing and sanitizing)
- Event setup and breakdown
- Assisting other departments on projects as they arise to maintain the theatre in pristine shape at all times.
- Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Document work performance and materials procurement as required or requested.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of all work areas; recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Respond effectively to emergencies as may be required.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety and operational process training and development programs.
- Provide any other assigned operational tasks, as may be required to effectively maintain a safe, efficient and comfortable work environment for all building and venue occupants, guests and vendors.
- Assist with snow removal.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a small but critically important team.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible.
- A problem-solver
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to lift and carry heavy materials and objects
- High school diploma, GED
- Ability to work early mornings, days, weekends, holidays and extended hours.
- Forklift certification, as well as a safe operating record, is preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs., use ladders up to 30 ft., climb vertical ladders and stairways to over 100 ft.
- May need to crawl, crouch, balance, stoop or kneel.
- Willing to work a demanding schedule in excess of 40+ hours per week including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions (-10 degrees to 110 degrees F) including rain, snow, ice and wind.
- Will be working on, around or near moving equipment, combustible, flammable, toxic or caustic substances, and in environments ranging from silent to extremely loud (<35 to >115dB).
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a fully completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also drop off your completed materials in person at our administrative offices, located inside gate 8 at 4600 Starlight Road, Kansas City, Missouri, 64132, between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
Starlight Theatre Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization and we maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Candidates must submit to and pass pre-employment drug testing for employment consideration.