Young Professionals Take Center Stage
2014-08-07 CATEGORY: Starlight
“If you want to meet young professionals who are concert and theatre fans and the future leaders of Kansas City, this is the group for you,” says Amber Hackett, the first chair of Center Stage – Young Professionals of Starlight Theatre.
Center Stage is the young professionals’ membership group of Starlight. The group’s leadership team works to make Broadway shows, concerts and special events at Starlight more accessible for a younger audience. The group also provides opportunities to network, learn about various Starlight programs and develop lasting support of the theatre.
The first slate of Center Stage officers at Starlight includes:
- Chair: Amber Hackett, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City
- Vice Chair: Jenni Mann, Hunt Residential
- Treasurer: Dana Jermain, Deloitte
- Community Involvement Chair: Vanessa Vaughn West, UMB Bank
- Events Chair: Paul Gutierrez, Mattie Rhodes
- Historian: Amy Eckhoff, Gastinger Walker Hardin + BeeTriplett Buck
- Professional Development Chair: Garet King, CoreFirst Bank
- Marketing & Membership Chair: Ellen Woltkamp, CBIZ
Amber, who has been involved since the infancy of Starlight’s young professionals’ initiative in 2012, advocates Center Stage as a driver for future audience member development. She wants young people to recognize that theatre is accessible to them and understand Starlight has much to offer.
Center Stage is not exclusive to those with a background in the arts. The group currently includes a diverse mix of young professionals from various professions, all of whom share a love of Starlight and a desire to help sustain the theatre as a Kansas City cultural icon.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming Center Stage events:
- Friday, Aug. 29 – Goo Goo Dolls & Daughtry concert VIP Bonus Pass
- Friday, Sept. 19 – Yallapalooza with Jake Owen concert VIP Bonus Pass
For information about upcoming Center Stage events and membership, contact email@example.com.