New this season!
Formerly offered for youth in grades 7 through 12, Starlight’s musical theatre training and performance program is undergoing some changes in 2017, expanding from one, to two programs!
These changes include initiating a summer/early fall focus for students attending grades 8 through 11 during the 2016-2017 school year (Starlight STARS), and a late fall/holiday focus for students attending grades 6 through 8 during the 2017-2018 school year (Starlight STARS of Tomorrow).
Auditions will take place on April 20 and 21, 2017, with full details available by clicking on the tab below.
Students attending grades 8 through 11 during the 2016-2017 school year may audition for the Starlight STARS, who, if selected:
- receive intensive training in acting, singing and dance
- create a musical theatre medley that they perform prior to selected nights of Starlight's Broadway shows
- attend master classes led by local and national musical theatre professionals
- learn the “ins and outs” of the industry, including professional standards and expectations
- represent Starlight by performing at local events during the summer and early fall, also serving as featured entertainers for Starlight’s annual fundraising gala