Group Sales Coordinator
The Group Sales Coordinator will cultivate growth in group sales for Starlight’s summer Broadway and Starlight Indoors series, as well as special presentations/exhibits. Additional responsibilities include strengthening existing and building new corporate and community relationships for Starlight, as well as coordinating with other departments on assigned tasks.
- Establish and attain annual group sales and revenue goals.
- Develop annual strategic marketing plan for group sales, including matrix to target new leads and track efforts.
- Manage more than 150 groups per season from initial proposal to close-of-sale, seating, collection of payment and delivery of tickets.
- Create and foster relationships with new and current groups.
- Track all stages of the sales process in Tessitura.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to develop all Group Sales marketing materials including, flyers, direct mail pieces, etc.
- Generate leads through web promotions, direct mail, speaking opportunities and sales calls.
- Create and manage all online group promotional codes.
- Hire and manage the group sales intern each summer, playing key role in mentoring intern.
- Balance client expectations and act as a communications liaison for the group client, caterers and Starlight staff.
- Update event staff on group contact information for the purpose of selling private dining events.
- Organize and communicate non-dining event details to operations team through meetings, event summaries and venue layouts.
- Attend Broadway shows, where needed, to provide high-touch experience for groups and private event guests.
- Book Spotlight Stage performances, gather contracts, facilitate tickets sales for performers and families, and coordinate day-of logistics, including group tickets, volunteer support, parking, sound and tours.
- Work with Operations department to ensure support staff is in place for backstage tours for groups.
- Represent Starlight at functions organized by various community groups, such as local Chambers of Commerce, Visit KC, Greater Kansas City Attractions Association and The Broadway League.
This position offers frequent opportunities to interact with guests in person, on the phone, by email and through other electronic media. Therefore, exceptional customer service skills, attention to detail and organizational abilities are necessary. The ideal candidate will have proven sales experience, understanding the importance of timely and consistent follow-up with potential clients. This position also requires frequent interaction with other departments and the associated communication skills necessary for full cooperation with others.
The ideal candidate will have a love of the performing arts and take joy in creating an incredible Starlight experience for all of the guests who join us in this historic venue.
- F.A., B.A. or B.S. required, preferably in marketing, business or communications-related field
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or sales
- Previous experience with sales tracking software and ticketing systems (Experience with Tessitura is a plus)
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings
- Experience in writing and editing sales/marketing materials
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If you are interested in being considered for this position, submit your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Starlight Theatre Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status and other statuses protected by law.
We maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Candidates must submit to and pass pre-employment drug testing for employment consideration.
Candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by October 15, 2021 to be considered for employment. Starlight will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals regarding medical or religious exemptions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Starlight Theatre Association of Kansas City, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization.