Facilities Day Crew
Our daytime crew members shoulder the bulk of the responsibility for the daily operation and physical appearance of Starlight Theatre. Day crew is responsible for restoring the venue to tip-top shape after an event, setting the facility for the next event and day-to-day maintenance. Everything from cleaning to painting to setting up spaces, our day crew does it all.
These positions work three days per week, during the hours of 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., but these hours may vary depending on weather, events, holidays and other factors. All Associates will embrace our framework for success as defined in Starlight’s Guest Interaction Guidelines.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preventative and routine maintenance (plumbing, light carpentry, small engines, etc.)
- Waste and recycling collection and disposal
- Restroom and general facility cleaning (including power washing, mopping, scrubbing, fire hosing and sanitizing)
- Event setup and breakdown
- Assisting other departments on projects as they arise to maintain the theatre in pristine shape at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a small but critically important team.
- Must be self-motivated and flexible.
- A problem-solver
- Ability to work early mornings, days, weekends, holidays and extended hours.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to lift and carry heavy materials and objects
- Able to work outdoors in all weather
- Forklift certification, as well as a safe operating record, is preferred but not required.
- Ability to work comfortably at heights exceeding 25 feet.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a fully completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also drop off your completed materials in person at our administrative offices, located inside gate 8 at 4600 Starlight Road, Kansas City, Missouri, 64132, between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
Starlight Theatre Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization and we maintain an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Candidates must submit to and pass pre-employment drug testing for employment consideration.