General policy at Starlight Theatre is that all events are held rain or shine, with the exception of severe/dangerous weather.
Guest safety is our primary concern. We encourage all Starlight guests to dress for potential weather changes. Umbrellas are not admitted into the venue for concerts. Ponchos may be purchased for $1 at Starlight’s Guest Information kiosks, Ovation gift shop and both ticket offices.
When severe weather conditions exist in close proximity to Starlight, we may choose to delay a performance for an hour or more before deciding to cancel or continue. If a weather-related delay is needed during a performance, we will communicate decisions to the audience via Starlight’s public address system, event staff, Twitter and at kcstarlight.com/weatherupdates.
Starlight’s covered walkways are not considered lightning-safe and should not be used for shelter during severe weather. The safest and only places for guests to take shelter during severe weather are INDOORS in a public space or INSIDE their own vehicles. Guests who take shelter in their cars will be allowed to re-enter the venue once severe weather has passed.
On those rare occasions when Starlight is unable to present the majority of a show, due to weather or other circumstances, the following cancellation procedures will apply:
- Broadway Shows and Starlight Indoors: Guests may exchange their tickets at no charge for another performance of the same show. The face value of the ticket will be applied to the new performance. Refunds are not available to guests who elect to apply the value of their ticket to a lower-priced event or seating section. To make an exchange, call Starlight Ticket Services at 816.363.7827 on the day following a cancellation. If seats are not available for another performance or if it is the last night of a production, we will provide additional options.
- Concerts: Due to the complexities of rescheduling concert tours, it may take several days or more before a new show date may be announced. Concert ticket holders should retain their original tickets for a refund or to use at a rescheduled performance.
- Tickets purchased directly from Starlight Ticket Services (by phone, in person or through www.kcstarlight.com) may be returned for a refund of ticket price only. Tickets will only be exchanged or reprinted for the purchaser on record. Guests who purchase from the secondary ticket market must contact the seller directly. Starlight is unable to refund or exchange any ticket purchased through an outside source.
- If guests leave of their own accord or choose not to attend a show that is not cancelled, no refunds or exchanges will be provided.
- ALL REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES MUST BE REQUESTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED PERFORMANCE UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED AT TIME OF CANCELLATION.