We want as many people as possible to experience the magic of a Starlight night. Therefore, we take care to ensure that the accessibility of Starlight Theatre, our events and services are available to all guests.
Starlight personnel are available to provide wheelchair assistance to a seat location prior to the show and back to the gate’s drop-off point after the show. However, because a limited number of staff are trained to navigate our venue with wheelchairs, you may experience a wait before we can assist. Your patience is appreciated.
Patrons who need special assistance may be dropped off at designated points near the following gates:
- Gate 4 – northwest corner, closest to Terrace 6
- Gate 6 – northeast corner, closest to Terrace 7
- Gate 7 – southeast corner, closest to Applause Club
Fall/Winter Indoor Series
- Those who need special assistance may be dropped off at a designated point near gate 8.
Accessible parking is available in the Zebra lot that Starlight shares with the zoo. The Zebra lot is located at the northeast corner of the theatre, closest to entry Gate 6. Guests displaying state-issued disabled license plates or placards will be parked in the Zebra Lot, as space allows. Guests who require accessible parking do not need to purchase a Paved parking pass, as a Grass pass will allow entry to the accessible area of the Zebra lot.
Mobility Assistance Shuttles
Curb-to-curb shuttles service is provided to make it easier for guests with mobility challenges to access our venue. Starlight operates multi-passenger shuttles that have designated shuttle stops in both Zebra and Cheetah paved parking lots. The shuttle provides needed transport to and from Gate 8, weather permitting. This complimentary service is not wheelchair accessible, but assists senior citizens and persons with mobility challenges. We reserve this service for transport of those groups.
Starlight offers ADA-accessible seating (wheelchair spaces and movable-arm seats) in most price levels. Please contact a Ticket Services representative at (816) 363-7827 for information and to purchase tickets. Accessible seating may also be purchased online.
Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located on all levels of the Starlight venue. A companion restroom is available beyond the Encore Deck closest to Gate 6.
- Sunday night Broadway performances are interpreted for deaf and hearing-impaired patrons. Two interpreters are positioned on stage, house right. Patrons can best view the interpreters from Orchestra 4, Box 6 and Plaza 6 seating sections.
- Assistive listening devices are free at every Broadway performance. To obtain a device, visit the Ovation Museum and leave your driver’s license or ID with a staff member. After the show, please return your device to Ovation to receive your ID.
- Deaf and hearing-impaired patrons may purchase Starlight tickets by calling the Kansas Relay Center at (800) 766-3777 or Relay Missouri at (800) 735-2966.
- Saturday night Broadway performances are described for blind and visually impaired patrons by Audio-Reader Network. Devices for the audio description service are free and available at the Audio-Reader table behind the Terrace 2 seating section.
- Escorts are available from the gate to your seat and from your seat to the gate at all performances.
Service dogs on a leash or in a harness are welcome inside the Starlight venue.
If you need assistance at any time while at Starlight, please:
- Contact a member of our team:
- GuestAssist staff - in royal blue polo shirts at all events
- Usher – in light blue polo shirts
- Volunteer Ambassador – in light blue polo shirts
- Security - in black polo shirts
- Visit a Guest Information kiosk at two locations conveniently located throughout the venue
- Text us at (816) 278-7827 with your seat location and need/issue