We want as many people as possible to experience the magic of a Starlight night. Therefore, we take care to ensure that the accessibility of Starlight Theatre, our events, and our services are available to all guests.
Starlight personnel are available to provide wheelchair assistance at the gate to a seat location prior to the show and back to the gate’s drop-off point after the show. However, because a limited number of staff are trained to navigate our venue with wheelchairs, you may experience a wait before we can assist. Your patience is appreciated. Unfortunately we are unable to assist guests to the concession stands or restrooms while in the venue.
Patrons who need special assistance may be dropped off at designated points near the following gates:
- Gate 4 – northwest corner, closest to Terrace 6
- Gate 6 – northeast corner, closest to Terrace 7
- Gate 8 – southeast corner, closest to Applause Club
Fall/Winter Indoor Series
- Those who need special assistance may be dropped off at a designated point near Gate 8.
Accessible parking is available in the lot that Starlight shares with the zoo. The lot is located at the northeast corner of the theatre, closest to entry Gate 6. Guests displaying state-issued disabled license plates or placards will be parked in the Lot, as space allows. Guests who require accessible parking do not need to purchase a Premium paved parking pass to the accessible area of the lot.
For the Indoor Series, ADA parking is available in the lot closest to Gate 6 or along the ticket office curb outside of Gate 8 based on availability.
Mobility Assistance Shuttles
Curb-to-curb shuttles service is provided to make it easier for guests with mobility challenges to access our venue. Starlight operates multi-passenger shuttles that have designated shuttle stops in both Zebra and Cheetah paved parking lots. The shuttle provides needed transport to and from Gate 8, weather permitting. This complimentary service is not wheelchair accessible, but assists senior citizens and persons with mobility challenges. We reserve this service for the transport of those groups.
Starlight offers ADA-accessible seating (wheelchair spaces and movable-arm seats) in most price levels. Please contact a Ticket Services representative at (816) 363-7827 for information and to purchase tickets. Accessible seating may also be purchased online.
Wheelchair-accessible restrooms are located on all levels of the Starlight venue. A companion restroom is available beyond the Encore Deck closest to Gate 6. Universal changing stations are located in both the men's and women's restrooms closest to Gate 6.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Sunday night Broadway performances are interpreted for deaf and hard-of-hearing patrons. Two interpreters are positioned on stage, house right. Patrons can best view the interpreters from Orchestra 4, Box 6, and Plaza 6 seating sections. If you need to be moved for visual access, go to the Guest Information Kiosk located near Box 5 and across from the Merchandise Kiosk.
- Assistive listening devices are free at every performance. To obtain a device, visit the Guest Information Kiosk located near Box 5 and across from the Merchandise Kiosk. You will need to leave your driver’s license or ID with the Starlight staff. After the show, please return your device to receive your ID.
- You may also use your own phone and headset or earbuds for enhanced listening. Download the Listen Everywhere app and connect to the Starlight Listen Everywhere Wi-Fi.
- Communication and sign language boards are posted at both Guest Information Kiosks on the East side of the venue. Paper handouts are also available.
- Saturday night Broadway performances are described for blind and visually impaired patrons by Audio-Reader Network. Devices for the audio description service are free and available at the Audio-Reader table behind the Terrace 2 seating section.
- To obtain a device, visit the Guest Information Kiosk located near Box 5 and across from the Merchandise Kiosk and leave your driver’s license or ID with the Starlight staff. After the show, please return your device to receive your ID.
- You may also use your own phone and headset or earbuds for enhanced listening or audio description by downloading the Listen Everywhere app and connecting to the Starlight Listen Everywhere Wi-Fi.
Service dogs on a leash or in a harness are welcome inside the Starlight venue. Starlight staff may ask for the seat location in case of an emergency.
In partnership with Variety KC, Starlight offers sensory kits for guests in need of noise-canceling headsets, weighted blankets, and fidget toys. Sensory kits may be checked out at the Guest Information Kiosk.
If you need assistance at any time while at Starlight, please:
- Contact a member of our team:
- Guest Assist staff - in royal blue polo shirts
- Volunteer Ambassador – in light blue polo shirts
- Security - in black polo shirts
- Visit a Guest Information kiosk at two locations conveniently located on the East side of the venue
- Text us at (816) 278-7827 with your seat location and need/issue
If we can do anything more to maximize your access, comfort, and guest experience while at Starlight, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (816) 363-7827.