Starlight’s young professional group, Young Friends of Starlight (YFS), is now accepting applications for the next generation of advocates to be part of its leadership team. Join the YFS Steering Committee for the opportunity to learn more about Starlight’s programs, as well as network with other individuals in Kansas City who are passionate about performing arts.
There are a number of positions available on the YFS Steering Committee with the following commitments outlined below:
- Fulfill at least one 2-year term.
- Attend each monthly meeting, currently on the second Wednesday of each month from 5-6 p.m. Absences in excess of 3/year are subject for review.
- Serve on a committee.
- Attend Young Friends of Starlight’s four core programs OR be responsible for selling at least four tickets to each program: Trivia Night, After Hours at the Towers, Dress Rehearsal Experience, Harvest Happy Hour.
- Volunteer in at least two KC Parks & Rec clean up opportunities throughout the year.
- Become an official paying member of Young Friends of Starlight.
As a member of Young Friends of Starlight, you will also take pleasure in a variety of social events throughout the year. Plus, enjoy Broadway shows, concerts and special events at a discounted price!
The deadline to apply is February 19, 2021. Young professionals ages 21-40 are strongly encouraged to apply. To learn more about Young Friends of Starlight, click here.