The curtain rises on Starlight Theatre’s 67th Broadway season in just two months! Single show tickets are on sale now for this year’s family favorites, Tony Award-winning Best Musicals and latest hits straight from New York.
Early reviews indicate Kansas Citians are giving “two thumbs way up” to the selection of nine Broadway musicals ready to captivate audiences at Starlight this summer.
“Based upon feedback received in our annual end-of-season audience survey, which nearly 8,000 people completed in 2016, I feel great about the show lineup we’re offering this season,” Starlight president and CEO Rich Baker said. “There’s something for everyone, from shows the entire family can enjoy together to new, award-winning musicals coming to Starlight straight from the bright lights of Broadway!”
A night at Starlight is a time-honored tradition for many Kansas Citians, and this theatre is the place where parents often introduce their children to the magic of live theatre. As a result, Starlight remains committed to affordable pricing. This season, single tickets start at just $14 for all shows except Jersey Boys, which is $1 more.
- Disney’s The Little Mermaid (June 3-11) – This beloved musical delights families with eye-popping visuals and the music audiences love. Bring the kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews and neighbors!
- Mamma Mia! (June 23-25) – Don’t miss the Farewell Tour of this sunny, funny musical set on a Greek island and told with the timeless music of ABBA! Mamma Mia has been delighting dancing queens worldwide since it opened in London in 1999.
- Jersey Boys (June 27-July 2) – Sing along to the story of one of the greatest successes in pop music history, Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. Winner of the Tony Award® for Best Musical in 2006!
- An American in Paris (July 11-16) – An American soldier, a mysterious French girl, a new start in the aftermath of war, and a story that will stay in your heart. Straight from Broadway and playing for the first time in Kansas City!
- SOMETHING ROTTEN! (July 25-30) – A hilarious tale of how the Bottom brothers beat Will Shakespeare to the punch and wrote the world’s very first MUSICAL! This new national tour is coming to Kansas City straight from Broadway, too.
- The Bodyguard (August 8-13) – Grammy nominee Deborah Cox embodies the unexpected love story of a music superstar and the man hired to protect her. The first U.S. national tour has earned rave reviews since opening in Minneapolis in January!
- Motown The Musical (August 22-27) – Berry Gordy’s journey from featherweight boxer to heavyweight music mogul, with 40 hit songs from the artists whose careers he helped to launch. You’ve now “Heard it Through the Grapevine” that this show can’t be missed!
- Grease (September 8-14) – It’s the one that you want…the 1950s summertime romance of Danny Zuko and Sandy D. See the musical before you celebrate the movie’s 40th anniversary next year!
- Kinky Boots (September 29-October 1) – With songs by pop icon Cyndi Lauper, this joyous musical celebrates friendship and the belief that you can change the world. It took home the Tony for Best Musical in 2013!
NOTE: Some shows contain adult content. See full advisories on individual show pages at kcstarlight.com.
Click here to purchase great seats to any or all nine shows – or call the Starlight box office at 816.363.7827.