Volunteer at Starlight
Starlight’s volunteer Ambassadors have been a Kansas City legacy since 1959. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Starlight relies on the dedication of its Ambassadors to fulfill our mission of providing exceptional performing arts experiences. We invite you to help us preserve this KC entertainment tradition. Volunteering at Starlight Theatre provides a host of networking opportunities, invitations to events, and complimentary tickets to Broadway performances.
We Invite You to Share in the Guest Experience – Volunteer as a Starlight Ambassador
Our Ambassadors serve as essential volunteers that support our guest experience services and assist with:
- Usher Duties & Seating Guests
- Guest Information Services
- Horticulture & Groundskeeping
- Ticket Scanning & Audience Assistance
Starlight’s Ambassador Program is a fun opportunity to volunteer your time and meet and greet the people of our community—plus, as an added benefit, our volunteers enjoy the benefit of seeing a show under the stars. Starlight recognizes the importance of the gift of time and remains committed to being good stewards of that valuable contribution.
Our success depends on volunteers to help ensure smooth operations and enjoyable experiences for our guests, so come join the Starlight team and greet our guests with a smile!
- 18 years or older (ages 16 & 17 allowed with waiver)
- Valid email address
- Outstanding people skills
- Abide by outlined dress code
- Physical requirements include walking long distances at an incline, ability to sit and stand for long lengths of time, good eyesight, ability work in all weather conditions
- Work one night of each Broadway show and at least 2 concerts
- Minimum one year commitment
Once you’ve submitted your Ambassador Application, you will receive an email containing upcoming training dates or virtual training options. All training must be completed before first shift. You can also download and submit at the West Ticket Office, next to Gate 3, Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please join us by sharing your time supporting one Kansas City’s oldest performing arts venues.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact Rori DeFoor, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.