Volunteer at Starlight
Starlight is looking for people with a passion for our historic theatre and a love of live entertainment to join our Ambassador program. Since 1959, these important volunteers have been committed to making our guests feel at home under the stars. As a nonprofit organization, Starlight relies on the dedication of our Ambassador volunteers to fulfill our mission.
The Starlight Ambassadors are comprised of individuals committed to the preservation of the great Kansas City entertainment traditions at Starlight, and Starlight’s success depends on these volunteers who donate their time and talent to its continued growth and development.
Each Ambassador may choose to participate in as many activities as they wish, dependent on their own talents and availability. While Ambassador commitments can vary, we ask that you be trained and participate in at least two of the outlined activities below.
- Ticket scanner
- Guest Information Kiosk attendant
- Venue tours
- Special Events
- Recruitment & Retention
Starlight’s Ambassador Program is a fun opportunity to volunteer your time and meet and greet the people of our community—plus, as an added benefit, our volunteers enjoy the benefit of seeing a show under the stars. Starlight recognizes the importance of the gift of time and remains committed to being good stewards of that valuable contribution.
Our success depends on volunteers to help ensure smooth operations and enjoyable experiences for our guests, so come join the Starlight team and greet our guests with a smile!
- 18 years or older
- Valid email address
- Good customer service and people skills
- Abide by outlined dress code
- Meet the physical requirements to perform the job which includes walking distances and inclines, able to sit and stand for long lengths of time, good eyesight, work in all weather conditions and smile and engage with guests
- Work one night of each Broadway show and at least 2 concerts
- Minimum one year commitment
- We are working hard to elevate Starlight as a philanthropic priority in the Kansas City community. We know that our Ambassadors understand and believe in Starlight. We’d like to think that is what brings you back to us each summer! In an ongoing effort to align our practices with this strategic effort, we will be moving away from our process of collecting “dues” from Ambassadors. While we appreciated your willingness to give both time and treasure, we believe that donations should be gifts from the heart made freely in support of something you believe in. With that in mind, we of course hope you’ll consider making a donation to Starlight if you feel so moved at whatever level you find meaningful. We have a development team that would love nothing more than to talk to you about your Starlight story and what you care about and could impact through a gift. We continue to appreciate the gift of your valuable time and your advocacy of Starlight!
Once approved, there are several required meetings for an introduction to Starlight, the Ambassador Program and expectations of each volunteer position.