Apply for the Young Friends of Starlight Steering Committee!
Join the next generation of arts advocates! Young Friends of Starlight (YFS) is looking for Kansas City young professionals to join its Steering Committee for the upcoming term (April 2022 – March 2024). YFS Steering Committee members work closely with Starlight staff, leadership and board members to champion our historic theatre in Swope Park.
If selected, members are expected to:
- Fulfill at least one 2-year term (additional terms possible).
- Attend each monthly meeting, currently on the first Wednesday of each month from 4-5 p.m. Absences in excess of 3/year are subject for review.
- Serve on a committee.
- Attend Young Friends of Starlight’s four core programs OR be responsible for selling at least four tickets to each program: Trivia Night, Starry Night at Starlight, Dress Rehearsal Experience, Harvest Happy Hour.
- Volunteer at least two KC Parks & Rec clean up opportunities throughout the year.
- Become an official paying member of Young Friends of Starlight.
As a member of Young Friends of Starlight, you also have the opportunity to enjoy Broadway shows, concerts and special events at a discounted price!
To apply to be a YFS Steering Committee member, click here. Apply by Friday, February 25, 2022, for consideration.