Join the next generation of arts advocates! Young Friends of Starlight (YFS) is looking for Kansas City young professionals to join its Steering Committee for the upcoming term (April 2022 – March 2024). YFS Steering Committee members work closely with Starlight staff, leadership and board members to champion our historic theatre in Swope Park.
If selected, members are expected to:
- Fulfill at least one 2-year term (additional terms possible).
- Attend each monthly meeting, currently on the first Wednesday of each month from 4-5 p.m. Absences in excess of 3/year are subject for review.
- Serve on a committee.
- Attend Young Friends of Starlight’s four core programs OR be responsible for selling at least four tickets to each program: Trivia Night, Starry Night at Starlight, Dress Rehearsal Experience, Harvest Happy Hour.
- Volunteer at least two KC Parks & Rec clean up opportunities throughout the year.
- Become an official paying member of Young Friends of Starlight.
As a member of Young Friends of Starlight, you also have the opportunity to enjoy Broadway shows, concerts and special events at a discounted price!
To apply to be a YFS Steering Committee member, click here. Apply by Friday, February 25, 2022, for consideration.