Nominate Your Favorite Theatre Educator
Submissions are now open for the 2019 Award for Excellence in Theatre Education, presented in conjunction with the Tony Awards® and Carnegie Mellon University. This award honors theatre educators across the nation who have inspired, taught and supported their students’ theatre journeys.
Candidates must be currently teaching and employed at an accredited K-12 institution, or employed at a reputable theatre organization providing educational programming directed toward students in the K-12 range, located within the United States.
Submission requirements include:
- A completed Online Submission Form
- Photo of the nominated teacher
- Three (3) letters of reference
- A video that tells the teacher’s story
- Video may not exceed three minutes
- Video must be in MOV, AVI, or WMV format
- Minimum video resolution 320x240
If you know a theatre educator deserving of this award, go to TonyAwards.com/EducationAward to tell his or her story. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. EST, February 15, and the winning teacher will be honored at the 2019 Tony Awards on June 9 in New York City.