We want to make sure you have the best possible experience at Starlight Theatre, and that means we pay attention to details! Whether or not you've been to Starlight before, you'll find the parking information on this page very helpful. We've provided three different maps in order to answer the guest questions we've heard most often over the years.
Parking Information for 50 Shades! The Musical Parody:
Free self-parking will be available in the Zebra lot on Starlight’s east side. Valet parking will be offered for $10 per vehicle. VIP ticket packages will include complimentary valet parking. Courtesy shuttles will operate from the Zebra lot.
New Parking Information for summer shows:
In 2015, Starlight Theatre is introducing a few changes to its Parking operations to improve your experience as you enter and leave the theatre campus on Broadway and concert show nights. We are still refining our parking maps and specifics, but the following is an overview of what you can expect:
- General parking remains priced at $7 this season. Depending upon your point of entry to Swope Park, General parking may be on grass or in a paved lot. The entry point you choose determines where you will be parked. For pavement, try to enter via 63rd Street or Elmwood Avenue. If you prefer to park on grass, enter via Meyer Boulevard.
- The former Reserved “paved” parking has been reconceived for 2015. The price for the newly named Preferred parking remains the same at $10 per vehicle.
Depending upon your point of entry to the park, Preferred parking may be in a paved lot or on grass. We are locating Preferred parking in closest proximity to the Starlight Theatre entry gate nearest your point of entry to Swope Park. Our goals are to (1) park vehicles as quickly as possible upon entering the park to minimize “drive around” time, (2) minimize your walking distance from car to theatre upon arrival and, upon exiting, (3) provide dedicated lanes to speed your egress from Swope Park.
We encourage you to consider the following when choosing where to enter Swope Park on a Starlight show night:
+Use the 63rd Street entrance if:
- You need disabled parking (while disabled parking is accessible from any entrance, it is easiest to access via 63rd street)
-You wish to park in the paved Zebra lot adjacent to Starlight Gate 6
- You want to easily travel eastbound on 63rd Street to I-435 after the show
- You are a VIP Concert season ticket holder
+Use the Elmwood Avenue/Gregory Boulevard entrance if:
- You wish to park in the paved Cheetah lot adjacent to Starlight Gate 8
- You want a short walk to the Applause Club for pre-show dining
- You want to travel southbound to Gregory Boulevard after the show, for easy east/west access to either I-435 or U.S. 71
+Use the Meyer Boulevard entrance if:
- -You wish to park in the west grass adjacent to Starlight Gates 3 and 4
- -You want the shortest walk to pre-show entertainment on Spotlight Stage
- -You want to easily travel westbound to U.S. 71 after the show
If you have a suggestion or comments regarding the maps please contact Justin White, Operations & Theatre Plant Director.
If you have any other questions or need additional information, click here to email our Customer Service department.
Enjoy the stars!
Please note that Tessitura is Starlight Theatre's only official online ticketing service. Tickets purchased from websites other than kcstarlight.com or tickets.kcstarlight.com may be stolen or counterfeit, and often carry service charges that greatly inflate the overall price of your tickets. When purchasing tickets online you should only purchase from websites you can trust, kcstarlight.com and tickets.kcstarlight.com