Earlier this year, donors like you stepped up in support of Starlight’s commitment to exceptional arts experiences, our ongoing community engagement initiatives, and our historic venue.
Though much of the future is still uncertain, your continued generosity enables us to prepare for whatever lies ahead. This holiday season, why not give to the ones you love while giving back to your community with these unique gifts:
- Make a donation in someone else's name to show you care about the recipient and Starlight. Don’t forget about the special donor perks!
- Purchase a gift certificate so the ones you love can enjoy Broadway shows, concerts, Applause Club dinners, and more when we’re back together under the stars.
- Designate Starlight as your charity of choice on Amazon Smile while you finish your holiday shopping. .5% of eligible purchases goes directly to Starlight!
- Make a recurring gift to Starlight to easily increase your charitable giving in the New Year!
Donations truly are the gifts that keep on giving – especially this year! Special incentives are afforded by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act until December 31, 2020! Several giving strategies may benefit you:
- Individual donors may deduct gifts to Starlight to offset as much as 100% of Adjusted Gross Income (AGI). Ordinarily, the income tax charitable deduction for cash gifts is limited to 60% of your AGI. This allows especially generous donors to reduce their 2020 federal income tax to zero!
- Corporations may deduct up to 25% of their taxable income for cash contributions to 501(c)3 public nonprofits. This is an increase from the previous 10% limit.
- Even if you don’t itemize and instead take the standard deduction, you may still reduce your taxable income by up to $300 for cash donations made to public charities. This above-the-line adjustment reduces the AGI and, therefore, the amount of taxable income.
Donations today fund exceptional art experiences for tomorrow, and ensure Starlight keeps shining brightly for generations to come.