A Message From Rich Baker, Starlight's President & CEO
Dear Starlight friends and family,
While I am confident that the Starlight experience we love will endure and nights under the stars will return, I have unfortunate news to share regarding the remaining touring shows in our 2020 AdventHealth Broadway Series.
The producers of both Escape to Margaritaville and My Fair Lady have made the difficult decision to cancel their tour dates in 2020, including the engagements at Starlight. While I am heartbroken about these cancellations, I also understand the uncertainty in staging traveling productions during this unprecedented time and respect the challenging decisions our industry peers have had to make.
As of today, we still plan to produce an all-Kansas City production of Godspell August 19-25. For me, this is an important opportunity to support local artists, musicians and technicians and provide our community with an exceptional arts experience when we think they might need it most. The Starlight team is working closely with the city to ensure that we can present this production safely and will follow guidelines set forth by Mayor Quinton Lucas and the CDC at the time of the event. Please know that we will not ask you to come to this production if it is not safe to do so.
We recognize there have been a number of changes to this summer and hope we can help to answer some questions you may have and make sure you understand your next steps.
- What shows are left?
- Godspell (August 19-25) is the only show that remains for our summer 2020 Broadway Series. We're working with touring producers to reschedule some of the cancelled shows, but due to previously booked engagements, not all shows will be able to appear in the 2021 line up.
- How do I get my Godspell tickets?
- Godspell will replace Sister Act in your season line up—you will receive tickets in or as close to your subscription seats as possible. We're working diligently on a plan to safely open our doors this summer, and that will likely include social distance seating. We hope you will understand the need to adhere to these health guidelines.
- What do I do about my cancelled shows? You have several options:
- Turn the ticket money into a tax-deductible donation to Starlight. Donations are a lifeline for us right now. Ticket sales only cover a portion of our operating costs, and without ticket sales, Starlight faces an uncertain year. We respect that everyone's circumstances are different and appreciate your consideration of this option.
- Apply the balance directly to your 2021 season tickets. This tells us that you will come back to Starlight—when you're ready.
- Receive a refund via the original payment method.
- You may also combine any of the options above. We're happy to tailor a plan that works for you.
- Who do I contact with my preferred option?
- For best service, please submit your preferences via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to a large volume of transactions to be processed, please allow 7-10 business days for a response. To speak with a representative, call (816) 363-7827, but please understand you may experience longer than normal wait times.
Thank you for your continued support of Starlight. This summer doesn't look like any of us expected it to, but we look forward to when we can safely see you under the stars again.
All the best,
Rich Baker, President & CEO